Your link to advice and support
Village Networks is now expanding! The success of new funding from The Big Lottery allows us to expand our outreach into Daventry District and Cherwell District, as well as South Northamptonshire, but also to work with more organisations to broaden the range of face-to-face advice and support:
• Come and visit Village Networks at an exhibition event near you or drop into the Village Networks vehicle (the “RIC” – Rural Information Centre) when in your area. See our schedule below.
• Use the project for contact information to get in touch with experts to help you on issues such as welfare benefits and debt advice; health and wellbeing; reducing household bills (i.e. gas, electricity, heating oil); reducing isolation; volunteering, and linking up with basic/beginner computer training.
• Request a one-to-one, confidential meeting by appointment with an advisor in the Village Networks RIC.
• Find out about local opportunities and activities on offer through local voluntary and community groups.
• Take advantage of on-board internet access, printed information and the wealth of knowledge of staff and professional advisors.
Village Networks on tour
What we can help with:
• Professional free & independent advice and support on welfare benefits, debt and pensions.
• Advice on household utility bills: help you to find the best deals (gas, electricity, LPG, heating oil). Bring a copy of your supplier statement to an event or the RIC vehicle.
• Health and wellbeing: receive advice from experts on issues that concern you.
• Ask about basic/beginner lessons on using a computer, emailing, online shopping, etc.
• Job-seeking advice and a range of support to help you.
• Connect with local voluntary/community groups and find out about local volunteering opportunities.
Connect with local voluntary/community groups and find out about local volunteering opportunities.
2016 Autumn outreach: come and find us.
16th November, 10.00-12.00
Brice Rd, near community centre and shop, HEYFORD PARK
16th November, 12.00-13.00
Somerton Rd, junc. Mill Lane, UPPER HEYFORD
For information on the RIC and how it can work with your charity or not-for-profit organisation, contact Nick King on 01327 358264, email: email@example.com or see www.snvb.org.uk