Please read the following to learn more about how we collect, store, use and disclose your personal information when you interact or use our website, products or services (or any related events, trade shows, sales or marketing) in any manner.
1. What information we collect
We collect information about you when you use our website and services:
• we may collect any Personal Information that you choose to send or provide to us, or when you update those details, by:
o completing online forms, using Live Chat on our website, posting on our message boards or blogs, taking part in surveys, entering any competitions or prize draws, downloading information (such as white papers or other publications), or participating in any other interactive areas;
o registering, this may include your name, address, email address and telephone number. We may also ask you to provide additional information about yourself and/or your business and your preferences;
o placing an order, this may include your name, address, contact (including telephone number and email address), transactional information and payment details;
o interacting with us using social media;
o contacting us offline, including telephone, SMS, email and post.
• we may also collect your information where you only partially submit information to – and/or abandon any transaction on – our website and/or other online forms and may use this information to contact you to remind you to provide any outstanding information and/or incomplete transaction.
• we automatically collect information related to the device (including mobile devices), and applications, used to access our website, such as its Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, referring website/URL, pages you visited, the time that you visited and country you visited from. We may do this using cookies or similar technologies, and we will ask for your permission before we do so.
2. How we use your information
We will use the information we collect via our website and services:
• For purposes made clear to you at the time you submit your information – for example:
o provide you with information and/or services you have requested;
o set up a user account;
o process and complete transactions, and send related information, including transaction confirmations and invoices;
o send technical alerts, updates, security notifications, and administrative communications;
o manage and administer your use of our Products and Services, respond to enquiries and comments, and provide customer service and support;
• To invite you to take part in our customer research (for example, feedback on our products and services);
• To provide you with any information as required to comply with our regulatory or legal obligations;
• To optimise our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
• To monitor, measure, and improve our website, content, and services;
• To provide an enhanced, personalised, user experience for you;
• To analyse your use of the website for statistical, trend monitoring, and marketing purposes;
• To deliver targeted advertising, marketing, or information to you which may be useful to you (based on your views of our products and services);
• To detect, prevent, investigate or remediate unauthorized access to our Services, fraudulent, illegal or prohibited activities, to comply with a legal obligation or court order, or to otherwise defend our legal rights;
• To administer, troubleshoot and test our website and services, and diagnose and resolve problems;
• To provide, operate, maintain and protect our website and services, and for internal operations (eg. run our automated back-up systems);
• As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure; and
• For any other purposes about which we notify customers and users.
This information will be held and used for as long as permitted for legal, regulatory, fraud prevention and legitimate business purposes.
Our website and services may contain technology that enable us to:
• check specific information from your device, related to your use of the website and services, against our records, to ensure the websites and services are being used in accordance with our end-user agreements;
• obtain information relating to any technical errors or other issues with our website and services, and to troubleshoot any problems;
• collect information about how you and users use the functions of the features of our website and services;
• gather statistical information about the operating system and environment from which you access our website and services.
You can manage your privacy settings within your browser (where applicable).
3. How we share your information
We will never sell your Personal Information to anyone.
We may share and disclose information (including personal information) about our customers in the following limited circumstances:
• Partners, third-party vendors and other service providers, and agents (including their sub-contractors): who we employ to provide you with any information, products or services that you have requested, and to whom we outsource any of our business functions;
o these include providers of – for example – our newsletter service, customer relationship management (CRM) system, payment gateway/processing, website analytics, product feedback or helpdesk software, product fulfilment/delivery etc.
• Third parties where you have a relationship with that third party and you have consented to us sending information: for example social media sites or other third party application providers;
• Another organisation to whom we may sell or transfer our business (and therefore our agreement with you);
• Government departments, regulators, law enforcement agencies, and any third party in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations, including statutory or regulatory reporting, or the detection or prevention of unlawful acts; and
• Any third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings, provided we can do so lawfully;
We may share non-personally identifiable information about the use of our website, products or services publicly or with third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
4. How we use your information for marketing
From time to time, we may use your information to contact you with details about our products and services which we feel may be of interest to you. We may wish to contact you for this purpose by telephone, post, SMS or email. You have the right at any time to opt out from being contacted you for marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise these rights you can do so by selecting your contact preferences at the point where you provide us with your information on our website, using any preference controls we provide you access to, or by sending us an email to email@example.com. You can also unsubscribe from any email marketing using the links provided in the emails we send to you.
Third party platform advertising
We may share your information with third party platform providers (such as Facebook and Google) to serve targeted advertising/content to you via the relevant third party platform based on your profile/interests. Your information is used by the third-party platform provider to identify your account and serve advertisements to you. You can control what advertisements you receive via the privacy settings on the relevant provider’s platform, and you should consult the third party’s help/support centre for more information.
5. Your information and your rights
If you are based within the EEA or within another jurisdiction having similar data protection laws, you have the following rights:
• The right to be told how we use your information and obtain access to your information;
• The right to have your information rectified or erased or place restrictions on processing your information;
• the right to object to the processing of your information e.g. for direct marketing purposes;
• The right to have any information you provided to us on an automated basis returned to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or sent directly to another company, where technically feasible (“data portability”);
• Where the processing of your information is based on your consent, the right to withdraw that consent subject to legal or contractual restrictions;
• The right to object to any decisions based on the automated processing of your personal data, including profiling; and
• The right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for data protection matters (in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office).
If you request a copy of your information you may be required to pay a statutory fee.
If we hold any information about you which is incorrect or if there are any changes to your details, please let us know by email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date.
We will retain your personal information for the duration of our business relationship and afterwards for as long as is necessary and relevant for our legitimate business purposes, or as otherwise permitted by applicable laws and regulation. Where we no longer need your personal information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner (without further notice to you).
6. Security and storage of information
We will keep your information secure by taking reasonable and appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
We have endeavoured to ensure that the service providers we employ to deliver our website and services to you (for example, payment gateways who execute your payments) are compliant with the EU data protection laws.
Our data protection policies are designed to protect data in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”).
We will do our best to protect your personal information, but we cannot guarantee the security of your information which is transmitted to our website or services, or to other website and services via an internet or similar connection. If we have supplied you with, or you have chosen, a password to access certain areas of our websites or services please keep this password safe – we will not share this password with anyone.
If you believe your account has been compromised, please contact us at email@example.com.
Personal information in the European Union is protected by data protection laws but other countries do not necessarily protect your personal information in the same way.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for our service suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
7. Other sites and social media
Our websites and services may enable you to share information with social media sites, or use social media sites to create your account or to connect your social media account. Those social media sites may automatically provide us with access to certain personal information retained by them about you (for example any content you have viewed). You should be able to manage your privacy settings from within your own third party social media account(s) to manage what personal information you enable us to access from that account.
8. Cookies, Analytics and Traffic Data
10. Further information
If you have any queries about how we treat your information, the contents of this Policy, your rights under local law, how to update your records or how to obtain a copy of the information that we hold about you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further legal information about privacy issues, you may find this link useful:
The Information Commissioner’s Office